When I was in the magazine business life was a continuous series of milestones. Every four weeks the sequence repeated.
1) All text from outside authors were in house and content edits completed.
2) Copyediting & proofing done.
3) Any articles I was responsible for were written.
4) My editorial was completed.
5) All art & magazine layout done and approved.
6) Bluelines from printer proofed.
7) Print run & distribution.
All of these activities overlapped one another and ‘lots of balls in the air’ is a good descriptor of the magazine business. And while it was a hectic life, it was also very gratifying because of those milestones. There’s something satisfying about completing something and doing it on a schedule makes it that much better.
This novel was a gleam in my eye back in October of last year. I took advantage of NaNoWriMo to write the draft and I completed it in 18 days. I took a break through the Xmas holiday season and probably dragged my feet with the revisions but six months from inception, it’s done. I should be available ‘real soon.’
Cheers — Larry